03 August 2009

Zenni Optical

I set an eye appointment last week and had the nice lady check to see what my insurance covers. So I got a free exam, free lenses and $50 of frames. Wow, I thought this sounds great. So I went; my prescription hasn't changed much but I did want new glasses. The cheapest ones I could find there were $140. That's a little, ok, way outta my budget. So I had her write out my prescription and was on my way.

My friend had told me about Zenni Optical a while back. She said they have glasses starting at $8 and a ton of styles to choose from. I ordered some last week, actually 2 pairs! I'm super excited to get them in. I even ordered a pair of sunglasses, which would have cost a fortune from my eye lady. Anyhow, 2 pairs of glasses and $30 bucks later I feel pretty good about the world again. Just wanted to share this site.

Being blind and broke sucks, so hopefully this will lessen the pain.

No comments: